Join the MySchoolManager Discord Server
Frequently asked questions
Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions. Alternatively, you can also use the contact form.
MySchoolManager can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store for iPhones, iPads and Macs. There is currently no Android version of MySchoolManager.
MySchoolManager can be downloaded free of charge from the AppStore. All basic functions, such as the timetable and the grade calculator, can be used free of charge.
A few additional functions, such as the subject system of the flashcards or the monthly overview of appointments, are part of the in-app purchase MySchoolManager+. This is a one-time purchase and not a subscription.
Currently, only one profile can be created in the app. This means that it is not possible to manage data for several students at the same time.
The grade average is calculated according to the following scheme:
- Individual weightings First, the average of each type of grade is calculated. The grades are multiplied by their individual weights and then divided by their sum.
- Grade types Then the overall subject average is calculated. To do this, the averages of the individual grade types are multiplied by their weights and then divided by their sum.
- Total average To calculate the average across all subjects, the last step, with the subject averages and subject weights, is repeated.
Due to the large number of different calculation methods and special regulations, it is almost impossible for the grade calculator to always be correct with the average.
It is therefore recommended to "play" with the parameters weights of the grade types, individual weights and subject weights in order to individualise the calculation.
Please note that no average is calculated if the grading system "A-F" is used.
To be able to use MySchoolManager on several devices with the same content at the same time, iCloud is used.
To do this, activate the option "iCloud Sync" in the MySchoolManager settings under "Synchronisation".
To fix synchronisation errors, I recommend the following steps:
- Check if "iCloud Sync" is activated in the MySchoolManager settings under Synchronisation on the device whose data you want to transfer.
- Make sure that you are logged in with the same Apple ID on both devices. You can check this in the top section of the device settings. There you should find the same email address under your name on both devices.
- Since the synchronisation runs via the iCloud, sufficient storage space is necessary there. You can check how much memory you still have available in the device settings under [Your Name] > iCloud. MySchoolManager requires an average of a few MB.
- Make sure that synchronisation is activated for MySchoolManager in the device settings under [Your Name] > iCloud.
Also note that synchronisation can take a moment and restarting the app or device is often helpful.
To use MySchoolManager+ on multiple devices after purchase, you can use the "Restore Purchase" option at the bottom of the in-app purchase overview page.